Your online presence is paramount for getting your business in front of more local customers. When your company shows up for relevant google searches, you gain critical visibility in your local market. However, it can be really difficult to compete against larger brands for visibility.
The best way to attract and close more customers for your local business is to implement Google ads into your marketing strategy.
Why Google Ads? Do they really work, and why are they so important?
Read on to find out as we break down the value of Google ads in this post.
How Google Ads Work
Google ads rely on a pay-per-click model to boost your brand on Google. You can use Google Ads to target a relevant keyword that your ideal client would search to find a local business like yours. When you do this, your ad will show up at the top of Google for that search. Additionally, you can add a local extension to your ads so that your map listing shows up at the top of the list. By doing this, you put your business right in front of the people who are looking for it.
What Do Google Ads Look Like?
Google Ads look like a regular search result with a small “ad” marking. When people search for a business like yours nearby on Google.com your business will show up at the top of local results. If the ads feature your location, then they will show up when users search on the Google Maps mobile app.
Local Service Ads
80% of local searches convert, so you need to show up for these searches to win your market. There is a new ad format that is specifically designed for local businesses with services. These ads help you stand out even more in your local market than traditional Google Ads because they focus on your community and are narrowed down to certain searches. Because of this, Local Service Ads are very powerful and work incredibly well. These ads are ideal for businesses that offer any kind of service, and they also boost your visibility on Google Maps.
Why Google Ads? The Benefits
Google Ads are an incredibly powerful tool for local businesses. They offer benefits that you cannot replicate elsewhere. Some of the top reasons to use Google Ads include:
- Increase brand awareness. Using Google ads, you can get your business in front of more customers. A study from Google found that search ads lift top-of-mind awareness by an average of 6.6%.
- Great ROI. When done correctly, Google Ads are very effective. According to Google, businesses earn an average of $8 in profit for every $1 spent on Google Ads! That is a crazy ROI and investment that will surely pay off.
- High conversion rate. With local Google Ads, you can gain valuable conversions. These ads help more customers learn about your business, which in turn leads to more calls and ultimately more store visits. Visitors who came from ads are 50% more likely to buy than organic visitors. Google Ads allow you to reach more high-intent buyers and thus improve conversions.
- Test copy. Google Ads are also a great way to experiment with different ad copy like subject lines, titles, print ads, blog posts, and images. Use Google Ads to split test title tags and meta descriptions, and then use the one that works best on your website.
- Keyword research. Not all keywords work the same for your business. Certain keywords are related to higher purchasing intent than others, and you want to figure out which high-intent keywords work best for your business. Test out how keywords convert for you with Google Ads. This method is a small investment that saves you a ton of time and helps you decide which terms to focus your SEO efforts on.
Attract and Close More Customers With Google Ads
Google Ads are a powerful tool that your local business needs to be using. To leverage the power of Google Ads, you need a holistic marketing strategy. If you have more reviews at a higher star rating than your competitors and you are running ads, you will win.
That’s where we will help. Attract and Close has a comprehensive marketing system that includes online review generation, Google Ads, and converting ad traffic to leads, appointments, and ultimately customers. With our years of experience working with businesses in every industry, we know the best practices for Google Ads. To learn more about how we can help your local business attract and close your ideal customers, schedule your free consultation HERE.