While many of us consider Facebook a great platform for sharing pictures, connecting with friends, and posting recent statuses; this super successful social media platform has become a valuable tool for businesses all over the world.
Whether an established business owner or a start-up entrepreneur, you too can utilize the power of Facebook for promoting your business. To get the best results, remember to observe the basic guidelines. This will make Facebook work wonders for your business.
1. FOLLOW THE 80/20 RULE
This rule tells you that 80% of the content you create should be very valuable and social yet still relate to your industry or audience. The other 20% should pertain to your products or services.
This bigger thrust on social content is a must-do for a very simple reason. The internet is full of garbage hoping to either sell, scam, or both, to people. Online users are no fools. They see through it, dislike it and want to see informative, relevant and entertaining content instead.
Using the other 20% also requires a crafty approach. Rather than selling, or focusing on prices, you need to put the spotlight on the value that your product or service delivers.
2. RESPOND WITHIN 60 MINUTES, AND NOT A MINUTE LATER
Good comments or bad; lay the red carpet for all.
Your social media account is very much a bridge to your followers or customers, one that gives your business a more human touch. You need to show you care.
Acknowledge the compliments gracefully by stating, “Thank you, and hope to do even better in future.”
Accept the bad feedback too with good grace. You may even comment that you will be working harder to improve your service.
3. USE 80 CHARACTERS OR LESS
It’s always better to say more with fewer words.
Kissmetrics has published findings that posts with 80 characters or less yielded 66% more engagement from followers and other online users.
No one has the time or the inclination to read a Facebook post that looks like a mini-novel.
4. CREATE AN ORGANIC FACEBOOK FOLLOWING
It’s a matter of quality over quantity.
You need real people to actually love your business before they can become followers. There’s no use paying a service to gain thousands of likes without getting real people to read what you have to say on your promotional campaigns. At the end of the day, the quality that you deliver will always grow your organic followers.
5. 1-4 TIMES A WEEK, 1-2 TIMES A DAY
Distribute the content you plan to put on your Facebook page.
According to Lab42’s research, close to 82% Facebook users like interacting with brands on the platform. However, 47% users hate the brands that clutter their newsfeeds.
Even if you have a decent amount of ready content, do not post all of it on a single day. Distribute content posting over a period of time-1-4 times a week, 1-2 times a day.